Wednesday 13 May 2015

Wait up!

Not a new route just a blog update
I was thinking today while at work, you can't always run new routes, sometimes the old ones have to do, they can still serve a purpose.
Use the old, boring, routes to run different training types, like intervals, or hills. We don't need go to new places for this type of training.
I ran yesterday with one of the clubs (many) really good runners, we are truly blessed in the excellent runner department, I'm hoping she will help me get a bit quicker by dragging me round a quick, flat 3 miles once a week, if she can stomach it much longer. I think I managed to keep up with her properly for 1.5 of the miles, then I started to flag a bit, but I kept going, and felt better for it.
She is officially good, this is not just me saying so. She got a good for age entry for Virgin London Marathon, no mean feat I can tell you. I told her how amazing I felt this achievement is, and she seemed genuinely unaware how good it is. Obviously she is proud, quite rightly, of her achievement, and by no means blase about it, but like I just said, I don't think she realised just how good this is.
The good for age time for my age group 50-59, or ancient as I like to call it, is a very unreasonable 3hrs 20mins. My chances of ever getting this time, zip, zero, nil, none, nothing, absolutely no chance whatsoever. You could probably add at least an hour and half on that and even then it would be close.

No comments:

Post a Comment